You can read some of my words on Mastodon and some of my code on Codeberg. I'm fluent in both English and German.
When I finished school in 2007, I started working part-time (first during my civil service and then while studying). Since I started working on my master thesis in 2014 I am working full-time.
I am the team lead for the Web client of Komoot, an application that helps you plan and navigate your hiking and biking trips.
Consultant / Senior Consultant
innoQ Deutschland GmbH
Prior to that
- 11/2010 - 02/2012: Research Assistant and Developer at RWTH Aachen: Chair of Computer Science 5 (Information Systems)
- 03/2010 - 10/2010: Rails and Frontend Developer at VerkehrsmittelVergleich.de
- 07/2007 - 03/2010: Frontend Developer at netSkill AG
I also have two years of professional experience with Go, but don't like it. Out of frustration about Go, I started playing with Rust. In general, I like to play around with different languages (like Clojure or C#), I even wrote my own little language) a while ago
If you want to learn more about my setup, check out my setup.
I listen to music on repeat when concentrating. It‘s weird that I‘m using Spotify for this purpose, but we have Spotify Duo so… yeah. The music changes a lot. My Spotify Wrapped in 2021 crowned me as one of the top people listing to Max Richter's Four Seasons. 2022 was more Architects (hat tip Bascht) and System of a Down (hat tip to my teenage angst). This might be because I did a lot of Go in the project (which is either because Go is close to the metal or driving me mad, you choose).
I really like to give talks at conferences and user groups. I had the great honor to speak at conferences and user groups all over the world. Here are some of the conferences I've spoken at (but this list is heavily outdated):
- RubyConf India 2014 (Youtube Video)
- AP.rb Brazil 2014 (Youtube Video)
- REDDOT Ruby Conf Singapore 2014 (Youtube Video)
- Developer Week 2014
- Froscon 2013, 2014, 2016 (Talk Recordings)
- Code.Talks Hamburg 2014
- RubyConf Argentina 2014 (Youtube Video)
- PolyConf 2014 (Youtube Video)
- Goto Berlin 2014
- Ruby Sauna 2015 (Page is offline)
- RWTH Aachen, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (from 2008 to 2012). Bachelor Thesis
- RWTH Aachen, Master of Science in Computer Science (from 2012 to 2014). Master Thesis
Want to get in contact?
Email me via lucasatdohmendotio.
My GPG fingerprint is
1EEF 0573 E355 33E8 1722 042F E203 C1DA 52DA 2D13 –
you can also download the key here.